Thursday, September 12, 2013

Why I Ditched My Scale + Easy Clean PB & Banana snack

For as long as I can remember I have weighed myself and cared ever so much what that little number glaring up at me would say.  If it was lower than I wanted, I would be thrilled and just the opposite if it was too high (in my head) then I would be disappointed.  I am not sure when or why I got so hung up on that silly number.  It really means nothing!  I have finally, and I mean finally, ditched my scale.  I really, really, really, don't care what it says anymore.  I have decided that I am so much more than that tiny little number.  I am strong, beautiful, loving, caring, a great mom, wife, sister, daughter, friend and this number has no bearing on who I am.  I feel free!  I have decided to measure my progress in how I feel, how my clothes fit and the muscle tone and strength I am building in the gym.  Once a month I will take measurements to gauge my progress, but that is it.  I am not going to worry about it any more.  I hope that you will step off the scale with me and stop worrying about that number.  Say it with me...it's just a number, it really means nothing!  There doesn't that feel good?  Now take your scale out of your bathroom or wherever you keep it and either toss it, or put it far back in your closet and forget it's there! Then share with me how it feels to ditch the scale too!

Okay, now on to something yummy!  I made this little snack last night because I was having a sugar craving and didn't want to give in to chocolate.  I used the Lundberg Farms Organic Cinnamon Toast rice cakes, peanut butter and a banana.  I shared it with my hubby and daughter and fought over who got to lick the bowl, no joke!

Here is the easy clean eating recipe:
1-2 rice cakes
1-2 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 or 1 banana
cinnamon to taste
*In a bowl mash banana, for a single serving use 1/2 banana, if sharing use the whole thing
add desired amount of peanut butter and sprinkle with cinnamon.  Mix well and spread on rice cake...Enjoy!

I hope that you are having a wonderful & healthy week! 

What are some of your favorite clean eating snacks?

I would love to hear from you!

4 comments:

  1. Well said girl! Last week, I weighed myself and it said I lost 4 lbs. I then weighed myself this week and it said I gained 2 lbs back. I have made a decision not to gage my progress on that lil number either! It can frustrate you for no reason... Made me glad to see your post today!

    Cant wait to try the above recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a easy yummy snack! I can't pass up anything that has Peanut Butter in the title!!

    ReplyDelete