Monday, September 9, 2013

My Chicago Trip!

My hubby, Joe, and I in Chicago
As I told you last week my hubby and I took a trip to Chicago and it was the first time I have left my daughter overnight in the 19 months since she was born, attached I know.  I really did better than I thought.  I did miss her a ton, but we actually slept past 7am both days and that was awesome!  There was a complication with our flight home so we decided to rent a car and drive home so we could Ariana before bedtime.  I have to say the look on her face when she ran to me was priceless, I sure did miss her!
Okay, so more about the trip!  I had a plan for staying on track while on vacation and I did really well!
I packed some apples, a trail mix that had almonds, cashews, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and some chocolate pieces,  and a few organic protein bars.  It was helpful to have these on hand in between meals and during our travels.  When we got there on Friday we had an awesome breakfast at the hotel restaurant, then we did some shopping, I'll just say I did some damage at Lululemon!  

Breakfast- ham, spinach & goat cheese omelet, whole grain toast, and fruit
Friday evening we met up with a friend from college and his wife for drinks and to check out some of the local bars, all in all a fun first day!  Saturday we woke up at 9:30 (amazing!) and then went to get some breakfast at a local place called Yolk.  I don't have a picture of that breakfast (I was too hungry and forgot), but it was an awesome veggie filled omelet with zucchini, spinach, tomatoes, avocado and mushrooms, I had an English muffin and fruit as well.  After breakfast we relaxed at the hotel before we went to workout!
I planned a circuit workout with timed intervals which I blew through in 45 minutes, after I did 3 sets of arms and shoulders then 3 sets of quads and hamstrings.  The whole workout took me an hour and I burned about 600 calories, not too shabby for a vacation workout!  They had an awesome gym, which helped make it easy to get my workout in.
!
The W gym- I'm wearing a new Lulu tank
Saturday afternoon we went to the Shed aquarium which was cool, but would have been more fun with Ariana.  We did some more sightseeing and went up the Sears tower to check out the city from above.  Then we went and got ready for dinner and the Second City sketch and improv show "A Clown Car Named Desire", which was awesome!  If you are in Chicago you have to check it out.
Sunday afternoon I had a massage at the Bliss spa and it was wonderful!  Then we packed up and drove home.  We truly had a wonderful time, it was nice to have some alone time and get out to visit a new city!  I am happy with how I ate, I allowed myself to enjoy some good food, but I did get my workout in and walked a lot. 

Now, it's back to reality and back to my workout schedule!  I have some fun things planned this week.  Stay tuned.

How do you stay on track when you go on vacation?  Do you workout?



2 comments:

  1. WOW, I am super impressed with your vaca workout!! WAY TO GO Girl!!! I hope I can do as well as you next week in Florida!! :)

    PS: Trip sounds amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I was feeling it that day and worked my butt off! You can do it! How many days are you there? Plan on working out most and take a few days off, plus get it done first thing then you won't have an excuse!
      The trip was awesome, thanks!!

      Delete